Sick of mushrooms running away from your burger when you bite in? Me too.
I’m happy to admit this one’s a bit ridiculous. I love having mushrooms on my burgers but they always fall off and become a messy hazard. I thought to myself, perhaps if I used melted cheese to glue them in place…
Nothing too crazy here other than the amount of cheese used. If you want to recreate:
- Cook the mushrooms in a hot cast iron skillet.
- Throw your hamburger on the grill and cook one side.
- Flip and add a layer of your cheese of choice. Allow to melt.
- Add cooked mushrooms on top of that layer.
- Top with more cheese. I went with a double layer.
- Cook the burgers to perfection, prep, and enjoy!
The approach was rather brutish and rudimentary but successful. Certainly not a gourmet burger winning any awards but it was an entertaining way to spend the evening!